Thursday, December 20, 2007

Michigan moose baby


Ever seen a moose? I did once at a distance, in Yellowstone. They've reintroduced them in Northwestern Colorado, but haven't made them to southern part of the state though some people claim to have seen them. I think of moose as being so goofy looking but this pair is rather elegant.

Maybe you've seen this but I loved the whole series of pictures which came in a forwarded email today. (I don't know Carla Jo.) Here's the story:
"In my 33 years in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, I have never seen a newborn baby moose. This one was not even a half mile from our house. The mother picked a small quiet neighbor and had her baby in the front yard just off of US 2,at 5:30 am. Allen and I were out bike ridin g when we came upon the pair. The lady across the street from this house told us she saw it being born. We saw them at 5:30 PM. So the little one was 12 hours old. What an awesome place we live in to see such a site. Carla Jo"



1 comment:

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

So cute! The baby moose looks like Bambi with a horse head.
I'd like to see a moose up close some day, (as long as he wasn't mad at me!)