Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fortune Cookies Off Tracl



Got this cookie fortune while watching the Democratic debate in Las Vegas on tv. Jon has the flu and I bought mall-style Chinese food at lunch to carry us through.

This fortune is not exactly tops on my long to see list! (Iceland geothermics) But I give the noodle company points for getting specific about things! And better than the candidates, though they did get a bit specific tonight...

Dinah said the Clinton act was appearing at U.C. Davis tonight-- whew, after a two hour debate she and Mr. BC hustle the UC Davis crowd. Can you imagine?

Of course you can't, who can-- what that life is like... I was surprised to see Barack is a leftie, as in left-handed.

Then I got to thinking about handwriting. There was a signifigant book from the 20s about handwriting analysis in my house when I was little which affects my judgment still. My mother and I sometimes refer to it in conversation!

Signed: Vice President in charge of Stationery, Peking Noodle Comp.

When I first got to San Francisco I bought fortune cookies by the bag, but didn't know what to think of so many fortunes. Were they all meant for me? (Not such an airhead as that, surely.)

5 comments:

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Have you posted your to see list on your blog? I bet it's interesting!
Fortune cookies are funny- I know they don't predict anything, yet I still get excited for a second when I get a fortune I really like.

Anonymous said...

so what is wrong with lefties according to the book?

Sally said...

Namowal, I know what you mean, that feeling of aww, cookie really knows me. Sal, the book had nothing about lefties, I was just free associating and drifting a bit.

Anonymous said...

How's jon?

Sally said...

Jon's got such a bad case of the flu that he had to cancel tomorrow's flight to visit his dad. When I went to the drugstore to get Thera-flu, it was all sold out, found it at another store where shelf space was also mostly empty.

thanks for asking.