Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cartoon Fever


So I had a dream last night that I'd won a grant unexpectedly, and thought "Oh no, now I'm going to have to make that cartoon."

Then a link came in through google and took me to Cartoon Fever on the Screengrab
and I was pleased not just because they'd picked one of my cartoons, but on the four different sections they had all kinds of great cartoons assembled, and presented in a very attractive way, with nice summaries too.

I plan to go back and look over a whole bunch of them. There aren't so many that you get that sinking feeling.

Still, I clicked on one that caught my eye and noticed it was 9 minutes long. Nine minutes? You expect me to sit here and look at my computer for nine minutes straight? Shows you what the digital experience has done for my attention span. Back downstairs now to the book I was reading!

5 comments:

Linda Davick said...

This is such a nice thing, though not surprising!! I can't wait to look over the rest of the movies either.

When the grant does come through, will you make that movie in Flash, or the old way?

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Wow, another list where Quasi at the Quackadero is up there with Gertie the Dinosaur and Duck Amok! Whoohoo!
I see Animjam made the list too (part one), so your work shows up twice.

RHSteeleOH said...

Quasi at the Quackadero is clearly the better of all the videos posted. It's a beautiful piece of work.

Anonymous said...

I just love it when Anita shoots the daggers out of her eyes. The little blue guard/policeman at the end always reminds me of Charles Bronson.

Sally said...

Linda, I can't imagine using anything but Flash for a cartoon anymore.

Thanks for your nice comments. There are some very fine films on the linked lists, and some that aren't there because the filmmaker doesn't trust youtube, I think.

Mean jean, the Charles Bronson comment cracked me up.