Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hunters Observed



In the last couple of days I've seen them in Ridgway, coming out of the Galloping Goose, coming out of the True Grit cafe, coming out of Mountain Market, coming out of Ridgway Liquors. They have blood dripping from their license plates. It's hunting season in Colorado.

I couldn't take pictures because, after all, they do have guns. But you have to see it to believe it, a new trend. These guys are so fat, I mean Walmart lard butt obese, that they could kill an elk just by sitting on it. The Photoshop guy in the picture above is like the Sarah Palin beauty shot compared to the mighty fatties we've been seeing.

Before hunting season started I was thinking, well, the poor families all over struggling to feed themselves, I guess we have to cut them some slack about hunting.

You can tell these guys aren't eating home cooked meals. You just don't get that fat that way. This is all about bags of cheeseburgers and killing animals in the woods. And it's not just me noticing it. I talked to a friend who's in favor of hunting and she said she'd been seeing the same thing in Norwood.

5 comments:

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

"Walmart lard butt obese!??" you're funny!
The photoshop reminds me of the guy in the creepy a bear suit that appears briefly if The Shining
I have a hunch some of those waddling wrecking balls who hunt are living off McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts as opposed to the living off the land.

Anonymous said...

They just seem unhealthy on so many levels.

Anonymous said...

http://www.biologycorner.com/worksheets/kaibab.html
See what happens when good intentions collide with raw reality

Linda Davick said...

Sometimes I get the impression you don't like hunting season.

Sally said...

Linda, you must be psychic.