Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not Cheep



This sign is at the filling station I often go to. If you can't read the bottom line (courtesy of cel phone) it says "THE HOSES ARE NOT CHEEP."

I've actually done just what it warns about, years ago, after driving 100 miles between Green River Utah and Salina Utah in a snowstorm, with wind, runaway truck ramps, ice and rocks on the road. My hands were so sweaty. I kept wiping them on my pants. I had two Chow Chows and little Dinah in a big clunky Mazda mini van.

I always wondered if the whole filling station would follow you if you drove off, but it's just the hose that detaches. Not a good thing to do.

5 comments:

Linda Davick said...

I shouldn't be laughing, should I.

Anonymous said...

love the quotation marks around before

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

At least they didn't work in an apostrophe s where it didn't belong.
I can see how you'd forget a gas pump if you were juggling a small kid, two dogs, snow, ice, and hours on the road.

RHSteeleOH said...

I read it as "The horses are not cheep" at first. For a quick second I wondered why a horse would be at a gas station.

Sally said...

RHSteeleOH, you're a funny guy!