Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Namowal's "I'm So Tired"



Fellow artist Namowal has just completed her first Flash animated musical piece and it is stunning!!

It's a song I never thought about much but here it takes on a mystery and beauty-- love the way the spiral movements echo the clock's movements, the way it captures the beat and the obsessive feeling, the refined and elegant while also charming animation of the girl and the phone. I think the teapot section is my favorite. The backgrounds work well to add depth while keeping focus on what's animating.

It's not easy to use Flash tweens so smoothly and effectively and for emotional effect too. Great work, Namowal. And a brilliant ending too, with such innovation and yet feels just right.

Truly amazing that this is your first drawn animated work as it is quite masterly. I hope some new form of animation will open up so your talent can be more widely seen.

You can read more about it at her blog here.

9 comments:

Linda Davick said...

What kills me is she did this while working full-time-plus. Namo is incredible.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Wow Sally,
Thanks for posting this!

Hi Linda,
Towards the end I did have a little time off from work, but much of this was done on weekends and lunch hours. I think my rep at work has become The obsessive loner who'd rather work on her project* than go out to lunch with everyone

RHSteeleOH said...

Excellent Namowal! Love your choice of music too!

stray said...

It truly is marvelous in every way. Bravo!

Linda Davick said...

Ha! (Your rep at work)... But did the guys you work with get to see it?

Jane said...

Really liked this--and great way to end. I hope you are doing more. Kudos!

Sally said...

Yay for Namowal!

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Aw, Shucks. Thanks!

Sally said...

good solution, Linda.