Thursday, February 04, 2010

Goodbye to Elle



Our dear eight year old rooster passed on and we've been feeling sad. I notice the hens don't know which table scraps are good to eat without him standing there and clucking about the food. He was a fine chicken, and old man to a backyard dynasty.


Every night I carried him to the garage so his crows wouldn't bother the neighbors in the morning.



Unlike some roosters he didn't sneak up behind you and kick you.







Here's the video I made of him:


R.I.P. sweet rooster.

6 comments:

namowal said...

I never saw the video before. He was absolutely adorable. Like a little dog (and probably better mannered).
No wonder you miss him!

Sam said...

Oh my. I am so sorry. When I first read it, It tugged at my heart. A couple weeks ago, my grandfather died at 74. Now you know. But, eight is a long time. You and Elle had all sorts of good times together. Ahh, memories.
SamtheCruikshankFan

Linda Davick said...

Oh Sally. I'm sorry.

Sally said...

Thanks. I'm getting so muany spam posts I may have to turn those letter things back on though I don't like to.

booda baby said...

What a character! I always kind of like that you know you'll be a little sad forever - a good measure of what a wonderful rooster he was. You have a very sweet collection of memories to revisit.

Jane said...

Bye Bye Elle.